HOT HOT HOT – That’s the summer forecast.
Does hot summer weather make you want a swimming pool in your backyard to lounge around, or just float in and keep cool?
Maybe it isn’t the summer heat that makes you long for a pool of water… maybe it’s the fun and relaxation you can get from having a Hot Tub.
Or, maybe you are the health conscious one who would love to have the Swim Spa/Lap Pool to exercise at home.
Each of these has its own appeal, and sometimes it’s hard to know which one is right for you. If you are considering adding one (or more) of these to your home, I have outlined some pros and cons below for each possibility, to help you get started on some summer planning.
– Great exercise for both adults and children
– For some families, a pool is a cottage replacement – vacation in your backyard!
– For the right buyer, they add to the attraction to buy a home
– A maintenance company can keep your pool pristine all summer.
– They can be a danger for families with young children, or for non-swimmers
– They can tie you to your home instead of seeking other family outings
– They will be an obstacle to some buyers should you choose to sell your home
– They can require a lot of maintenance if you are taking care of it yourself
– Hot tub owners say these are a great stress reliever
– They can help reduce pain and inflammation of your joints
– They help with the recovery from injuries and muscles strains
– They provide a great winter experience
– They can increase the risk of heat stress if the temperature is set too high
– If you have circulation issues, they can potentially cause health issues
– They can be costly to maintain
– Can lead to infections if not properly maintained
– They can be a hazard if you have young children
Swim Spa/Lap Pool
– Will fit in smaller backyards than pools (fit in limited space)
– Are more affordable than most backyard pools
– Provide a good workout (use swift current for lap swimming)
– Not ideal if you want to host pool parties
– May not add value to your home should you choose to sell
– Can be a hazard if you have young children
– Require as much maintenance as a swimming pool
If thinking about putting one of these in your backyard is stressing you, but you really want one, call one of our Coldwell Banker Community Professional representatives to talk about selling your current home and buying one with your choice of water feature!